Tividale Wellbeing and Fitness Group have started their 2021 season and meet every Wednesday 6.30pm, at Tividale Community Hub
Tividale Wellbeing & Fitness group is open to public, park users and friends, who would like to make new friends, walk and exercise on a regular basis. Donations towards the groups’ equipment and insurance is £1.50 per session.
The group is based at the Tividale Community Hub where exercise equipment is used with in the tarmac compound area.
The group also make use of the park’s Daily Mile route – three laps is one mile
The group’s first event was Tuesday 9th July 2019
We have a Facebook page (July 2021) https://www.facebook.com/groups/tividalewellbeingandfitness
What is happening in Tividale Park in 2021?
Sunday 23rd May 2021, 11am
Meet: at Tividale Community Hub, next to new car park / changing rooms
Annual General Meeting of Friends of Tividale Park
- Meet at: Tividale Community Hub In Tividale Park
Tividale Allotment Association Held their AGM in this year at parks community hub early this year before the lockdown came into force. The group are associate members of Friends of Tividale Park and were looking forward to making more regular use of the new facilities.
Friends of Tividale Park are inviting nominations
for 2021 committee members.
Tividale Fitness Army are now called Tividale Wellbeing and Fitness.
In May 2020 Friends of Tividale Park were awarded a £500 grant to put on an event in Tividale Park – The date for this is August 21st 2021.
Re-establishment of the Football changing rooms
It is our long-term goal to re-establish toilets and showers in the changing rooms – this work has been delayed by the Covid 19 outbreak. We would also like the hardcore area outside the Community Hub tarmaced and lighting to make the area more user-friendly. This was completed May 2021 thanks to a government grant.
Community Litterpick to celebrate Tividale Parks 92nd Birthday
Bat Walk September 2019
Thanks for everyone who came to our Batwalk in autumn, lots of fun had and great turn out as ever.
Thanks to the Black Country and Wildlife Trust for their support.
Friends of Tividale Park, who have worked closely for a number of years with Sandwell Council have been able to secure a Community Hub for Tividale Park. This facility was officially opened by Councillor Maria Crumpton, Cabinet Member for Safer Communities on Saturday 6th July.
- The Hub is a base for the park residents and volunteers.
- We look forward to the community making the most of this facility and the establishing of regular Tea and Coffee morning, Friendship Groups, Book Groups, Arts and Crafts, Regularly meetings, etc.
To book use the contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Room Facilities
Arrange to suit.
- E.g. both tables laid out can accommodate 10 chairs in a meeting format.
- Alternately combinations of one table used and chairs arranged in rows can be used.
- While not in use, tables and chairs can be put in storage – user to arrange in advance
- Book case
- First Aid
- For people who book and use the facility, car parking and toilet and water access are available soon through key access to the toilets in the football changing rooms.
- Regularly users would be invited to have representation at the monthly meeting of Friends of Tividale Park, meeting held in the Community Hub.
- Insurance – The Facility as a building is issued by Sandwell Council, some of the property within in is covered by Friends of Tividale Park insurance.
- Facility users will agree to a set of conditions upon use, these covers but are not limited to key holding, housekeeping, accepting the Sandwell Council Safeguarding policies.