Join Tividale Park’s Zoom or Facebook Chat on
Thursday 14th May at 3pm
What is happening in Tividale Park in 2020?
In May 2020 Friends of Tividale Park are holding a Facebook meeting and fund-raising event. Everyone is welcome to participate – the friends group needs you more than ever to support the Community Hub, Gardening and Planting, events and to represent the community.
Tividale Allotment Association Held their AGM in this year at parks community hub early this year before the lockdown came into force. The group are associate members of Friends of Tividale Park and were looking forward to making more regular use of the new facilities.
Friends of Tividale Park are inviting nominations for committee members – our AGM has been postponed but we hope we can adapt by starting online gatherings instead. This will also help with winter months when we normally go dormant.
We are looking for Secretary, Treasurer, Chair, Vice chair, TFA Lead, and safeguarding. We are also looking for a fundraising lead.
Tividale Fitness Army have applied for a grant for exercise equipment and look forward to being able to recommence weekly events.
In May 2020 Friends of Tividale Park were awarded a £500 grant to put on an event in Tividale Park – we are currently looking for volunteers interested in helping make this happen.
Re-establishment of the Football changing rooms
It is our long-term goal to re-establish toilets and showers in the changing rooms – this work has been delayed by the Covid 19 outbreak. We would also like the hardcore area outside the Community Hub tarmacked and lighting to make the area more user-friendly.
We need to raise more to have a permanent Community Hub sign – the spray painted one erected last year is now worn out and illegible. Friends of Tividale Park need to raise money to cover the cost of insurance for the group’s volunteers and events.
We have set up a Fundraising Page at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/tividale-park
Community Litterpick to celebrate Tividale Parks 92nd Birthday
Bat Walk September 2019
Thanks for everyone who came to our Batwalk in autumn, lots of fun had and great turn out as ever.
Thanks to the Black Country and Wildlife Trust for their support.
Friends of Tividale Park, who have worked closely for a number of years with Sandwell Council have been able to secure a Community Hub for Tividale Park. This facility was officially opened by Councillor Maria Crumpton, Cabinet Member for Safer Communities on Saturday 6th July.
- The Hub is a base for the park residents and volunteers as well as Tividale Fitness Army, who meet regularly, Tividale Walking Football group Tividale Park Rangers.
- We look forward to the community making the most of this facility and the establishing of regular Tea and Coffee morning, Friendship Groups, Book Groups, Arts and Crafts, Regularly meetings, etc.
To book use the contact form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Room Facilities
Arrange to suit.
- E.g. both tables laid out can accommodate 10 chairs in a meeting format.
- Alternately combinations of one table used and chairs arranged in rows can be used.
- While not in use, tables and chairs can be put in storage – user to arrange in advance
- Book case
- First Aid
- Kettle (Bring own water *)
- For people who book and use the facility, toilet and water access will be available soon through key access to the toilets in the football Changing rooms.
- Regularly users would be invited to have representation at the monthly meeting of Friends of Tividale Park, meeting held in the Community Hub.
- Insurance – The Facility as a building is issued by Sandwell Council, some of the property within in is covered by Friends of Tividale Park insurance.
- Facility users will agree to a set of conditions upon use, these covers but are not limited to key holding, housekeeping, accepting the Sandwell Council Safeguarding policies.